February 10, 2010 Matthew 14:26-33

For some reason I woke up thinking about this verse and the fact that Jesus did not instigate the idea of Peter walking on the water. Peter used it as a test to prove to himself that Jesus was real. But the part that strikes me is the fact that Jesus allowed him to do it. And that makes me think of the crazy and possibly non-Christ-instigated things that we try to do to prove to ourselves or to others that Jesus is real.  It is all done in the name of "Faith".  We are allowed to do it but in the end, unless it is of God, or we take our eyes off Christ in fear or even arrogance, we begin to sink.  To the outside it can appear contrived and unreal and therefore not looking at all supernatural nor from a deity worth following. Of course that doesn’t even matter because Christ allows it as well and He does not need anything we do to look right anyway. He will accomplish that which He set out to do. That comforts me and increases my faith more than supernatural occurrences could ever dream of doing.

Views of my new neighborhood in the morning:

P1010515

P1010398

P1010528

Comments

Popular Posts