March - Okay, diet time...AGAIN

I am going to try to do some digital journal type pages of the verses I come across or concepts from the bible that help me see how to change. And add recipes that I like that have vegetables or fruit.  I like vegetables but they rot so fast and take extra time to prepare...I am lazy. And as for fruit, it belongs in pie, period.

The first verses that come to mind are Philippians 4:11,12

The thing that strikes me the most as an emotional eater is this part...Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
Philippians 4:11-12 (ESV)
When I eat out of frustration or fear or anger, those are times of being made low or being in need. Paul's solution to those things is this:

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13 (ESV)
How did he learn that? Why was he so close to God and why am I so far?

eggplant

Comments

Popular Posts