April 26 - 1 Chronicles 6,7,8

It can get monotonous reading the beginning of this book. But it is so important because it proves that these were real people in the real history of the world. It links everyone together and shows how the world was populated and in the end proves that Jesus was a real person. Most of the names mean nothing to me but little tidbits jump out and interest me such as this in verse 9: and Johanan fathered Azariah ( it was he who served as priest in the house that Solomon built in Jerusalem). 1 Chronicles 6:10 (ESV)
I am familiar with the story of Solomon so this little connection is historical proof to me that Solomon was a real man. That also means that he built a real temple and had a real priest. The fact that there is extra-biblical proof that he existed backs it up. The rest of the chapter explains the jobs of the various Levite family members. It is really interesting that families were chosen for certain jobs like singing, serving and making offerings. The descendants of Levi were always the ones who served God somehow and if you remember where not given lands in the same way as the other brothers. God was their portion but they were given cities to dwell in. At that time the LORD set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the covenant of the LORD to stand before the LORD to minister to him and to bless in his name, to this day. Therefore Levi has no portion or inheritance with his brothers. The LORD is his inheritance, as the LORD your God said to him.) Deuteronomy 10:8-9 (ESV)
Mixed into chapter 7 is a daughter of Ephraim who built two cities. What's that all about I wonder? Joseph's sons lived in the cities of Ephraim as well.

The in chapter 8 the genealogy of Saul is added. He was a Benjamite but was not mentioned in that genealogy. I think is is also interesting that in Jonathan's line Mephibosheth is not mentioned. I wonder if that is because he was unable to fight? I wonder if he ever had a family?

Anyway, my point in all this is that these were real people. Not a fairytale.

I am still trying to figure out how to use my doodles. I created a few new works with them to make girl’s glass pendants. My new printer does not match the monitor at all and they did not turn out. But the art work I am pleased with:

golden tang painted red octo2 whalePURPLEFRAMY

Comments

Popular Posts