The Season Of Light

I am  taking a break this advent season from Ezra and doing a study on light.  I am a few days behind for starting on the first so I will give the first 7 verses for your consideration here:

Day 1-How would we understand that light is to be desired if it had not been created for us in the first place? "And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day." Genesis 1:3-5 (ESV)

Day 2 - The Israelites were not left to wander around in the dark. God led them and gave them His Spirit to instruct them...sounds a bit like Christ, the Light of the World and the Holy Spirit...you in your great mercies did not forsake them in the wilderness. The pillar of cloud to lead them in the way did not depart from them by day, nor the pillar of fire by night to light for them the way by which they should go. You gave your good Spirit to instruct them and did not withhold your manna from their mouth and gave them water for their thirst.Nehemiah 9:19-20 (ESV)

Day 3 -It is God who lightens the darkness, it is protection. For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness. For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. This God—his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:28-30 (ESV)

Day 4 - More Protection verses concerning light for days 4, 5, 6 and 7

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1 (ESV)

Day 5 -Your sun shall no more go down, nor your moon withdraw itself; for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your days of mourning shall be ended. Isaiah 60:20 (ESV)

Day 6 - But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me. Micah 7:7-8 (ESV)

Day 7 - For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11 (ESV)

Amazing, the idea of God being our light, the desired light. All other light pales and is not enough.

P1000112

 

P1000142

Ewwwwww Ahhhhhh Christmas lights!

Popular Posts