Gospel in a Cinquain–Verse 9

Disjuncture

Colorless, Silence

Graying, Darkening, Searching

Years of silence and waiting.

Shadowiness

My husband has always said that on the day he was "saved" the bible went from black and white to color. Life is colorless, muted at least, when a person is not a believer in Christ. Jesus is the Light of the world. We are light if we are Christians.  The Bible has many references to the fact that people are in spiritual darkness without Christ’s light. It is spiritual but I believe is casts a shadow on the whole life of an unbeliever.

This verse of my poem makes reference to the fact that God was silent for 400 years and that the lack of His connection made the times gloomy. This is a parallel to the life of the unbeliever, they are under a spiritual shadow and life cannot be enjoyed in full color without Christ's light.

Psalm 18:28 (ESV)
28 For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness.


Psalm 27:1 (ESV)
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?


Psalm 36:9 (ESV)
9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.


Psalm 139:12 (ESV)
12 even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.


Isaiah 60:19 (ESV)
19 The sun shall be no more your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give you light; but the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.


Matthew 4:16 (ESV)
16 the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.


John 1:9 (ESV)
9 The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.


2 Corinthians 4:6 (ESV)
6 For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.


Ephesians 5:8 (ESV)
8 for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light


1 Peter 2:9 (ESV)
9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

The last verse in the Old Testament is this:

Malachi 4:5 (ESV)
5 “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.

I wonder what that meant to Malachi’s audience. Assuming this was the last prophet, did they realize there would not be any more communication from God through prophets until John the Baptist (Elijah)?

Some Christmas card photos:

These were the angels from before that I scanned and printed onto Kraft Paper Cardstock. They I embellished them with gel pens and twinkling h2o’s.

angel 1 on cardangel 2 on cardlizard on card

Popular Posts