Why Is The Advent Season So Important?

The children of God and His church are frequently in some sort of captivity. Have you ever thought about that? For some reason we think because we are believers that it makes us immune to the back-sliding pattern of the Old Testament Israelites. How can that be? We are just as human and in just the same fallen state. The only thing we have going for us is that God sees Christ's eternal freedom which in turn sets us free from facing eternal imprisionment. In Christ we are spiritually free but in our humanity we can still become enslaved.


Therefore, The Advent Season should excite us with the memory of the fact that Christ's birth was the "Advent of Freedom". We should anxiously long for His coming and anticipate wonderous spiritual events in the coming year. We can remember and celebrate the first Advent of His coming and look forward to His second. It is a time of celebratory rememberance.


In the book, Treasury Of David it says that the Advent Season is a means to revival.


So as the season arrives let us be mindful of the fact that the entire Season Of Advent is a time to remeber why the birth of Christ matters to us. May God bring it to mind each and every day of this Advent Season 2012 to each one who reads this post. May the reflection give us hope and excitement and may the upcoming year be full of Wonderous Spiritual Growth to each one.


For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.

He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah

Psalms 62:5-8 (ESV)


A Coloring Page - Enjoy


Whale coloring Page

Popular Posts