Drawn to The Cross 2

This week I found verses that I thought applied to the first two verses of Drawn To The Cross. I then I had the kids break down into three groups of two.  They split the remaining verses and used a concordance to find what they thought was the theme of the verse they were looking at. It was hard for them. I think mainly because they had a hard time deciding what the theme was. They would default to the last line  - Christ crucified, I come…

We didn’t finish in fact. But I add the verses they found next week.


Text: Genevieve M. Irons. 1855-1928
Music: Joseph Barnby, 1838-96

Drawn to the Cross which Thou hast blest,
With healing gifts for souls distrest,
To find in Thee my Life, my Rest,
  Christ crucified, I come.

 But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5 (ESV)

Stained with the sins which I have wrought
In word and deed and secret thought;
For pardon which Thy Blood hath bought,
  Christ crucified, I come.

And the angel said to those who were standing before him, “Remove the filthy garments from him.” And to him he said, “Behold, I have taken your iniquity away from you, and I will clothe you with pure vestments.”
Zechariah 3:4 (ESV)

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim and the war horse from Jerusalem; and the battle bow shall be cut off, and he shall speak peace to the nations; his rule shall be from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth.
As for you also, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit.

Zechariah 9:9-11 (ESV)

I have finished some jellyfish illustrations. I am making a matching game from them. Here they are and I will show the matching game later:

jelly pink jellygreen Jellyorange Jellypurple

Popular Posts