July 6, 2010 - 2 Chronicles 2:16 - Behold I am about to build a house...

The house that I am to build will be great, for our God is greater than all gods. But who is able to build him a house, since heaven, even highest heaven, cannot contain him? Who am I to build a house for him, except as a place to make offerings before him? 2 Chronicles 2:5-6 (ESV)
When I read this little series of verses it made me think of this verse...Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV)
Our human temple is even less fit than the house that Solomon built...who among us is a good enough house for God to dwell in? None, except as a place to make offerings before Him.

But Christ becomes our “good temple” when we are clothed with Him. And He chose to give a deposit of Himself in the person of the Holy Spirit to live in these temples. God's people of the Old Testament had only glimpses of His Spirit. We should be so grateful to have that available to us as we walk around and “do our thing”. We don't have to go to a special house to worship Him ,hear from Him or to give offerings honoring Him. We go to the house of the Lord now to worship with other human temples for a collective celebration. What an idea…

 

Self-loathing makes me jealous.

It creeps around heart.

Just when I think its shrouded

the ugly currents start.

Words spew forth in thoughtless sludge

revealing what I think.

And leave behind a morass

that soon begins to stink.

If not for Christ's offering

my temple would be void.

All the dirty walls would fall

and every room destroyed.

 

 

Some new doodles:

SCAN0048 SCAN0051

I think I am going to make these color book pages.

Popular Posts