July 9, 2010_2 Chronicles 3,4- Building the Temple

I got stuck on the Cherubim today...and pomegranates and gourds. Why were gourds used in the design? I thought they were symbolic of poison or some such thing? I really want to see what other people think all this looked like but i haven’t found a good detailed piece of artwork to save my life. I looked up all three of these items and their images elude me.

What little treasure did I find in all of this? I suppose the fact that all the materials were the finest around, crafted by the finest men and still this comes to mind...The house that I am to build will be great, for our God is greater than all gods. But who is able to build him a house, since heaven, even highest heaven, cannot contain him? Who am I to build a house for him, except as a place to make offerings before him? 2 Chronicles 2:5-6 (ESV)
He deserves the best but nothing is good enough. Solomon made and effort to give Him the best, I don't.

 

I do however doodle like a madman.

I am writing a little story about a Jellyfish and her Baby-first draft of Baby Jelly:

SCAN0057

Popular Posts