August 16_2010 2 Chronicles 7

Notice in verse 13 how God says, "when I shut up the heavens..." not if but when. I noticed also in verse 15 that God says, "Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place. For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time."  2 Chronicles 7:15-16 (ESV)
My question is, does this apply to us. To Christians now? I know that many churches and people have "claimed" this verse for America. I am inclined to think that it was specific to the temple and to the Israelites of that place.

Just look at the rest of the chapter...yes, I do believe it was for Israel at that time. And look what has happened.

Think about being a "proverb"...

Proverb:A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people. Solomon wrote the Proverbs, right? Ironic.

Some new backgrounds

8-14-2010 9-40-13 AMegyptwonderful castle

Popular Posts