Computer Difficulties and Work Responsibilities–But Back in Business Now

Okay, so I am taking a break from 2 Chronicles because I am trying to put together a children's story. The story is a desire to put into words what I have come to believe about salvation and to counteract the wrong way I taught my own kids. It has led me to study of the notion that when we get saved we become whole. Somewhere along the line I determined that whole meant that the bad Kelley went away and the new Kelley emerged clean and good. Where did I get that idea? In my search, so far, I have not found it to be biblical. I spent my whole adult life and the full sum of our children's youth trying to clean up my act. I worked really hard at trying to prevent them from getting dirty like me. Only to wake up one day with broken messy adult children and a gaping wound of guilt in my heart. How could it have gone so wrong? Half a dozen of one and 6 of the other I guess.

People are all broken and messy. Getting "saved" never changes that-I sincerely believed it did. I heard revival speakers say things like,  “Come to Jesus He will make your life better. You wont be an addict anymore, you won’t want to get drunk, beat your kids or kill yourself. He will heal your marriage and your job.”  Obviously all those things are possible, but not promised and certainly not promised as an immediate outcome.

Instead,  the righteousness of Christ covers those messes, habits and sins so that we can be reconciled to God, who is the prize. The Spirit's power through a growing understanding of Christ renews our minds so that our brokenness won't have to dictate how we behave.

But we are in fact still messy on the outside. I don't think I am the only one who came to that original conclusion either, non-Christians believe that we think we are better than them. At times we do act superior forgetting that the righteousness of Christ's covering simply hides our “falleness” from God's wrath but WE are still visible to EVERYONE, especially God.

This is our hope..."So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.  2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (ESV) "

It is with anxiety that I say, I haven’t had the time to really work on anything but here are a few new doodles:

scan0003scan0002scan0001

Popular Posts