February 28_2011 Nehemiah 1,2 –Timeline of the Rebuilding Of Jerusalem

I can't seem to place this as far as timing in history so I looked it up. I know most people don't care but I find that putting it all together helps me somehow. One thing for sure, it solidifies the fact that this is real history and not made up stories. Assuming this page is correct, here is a time line that helped me, it is from http://www.foundationsforfreedom.net/References/OT/Historical/Nehemiah/Nehemiah00HistorIntro.html

Nevertheless, the rebuilding was done in three waves. Nehemiah’s contribution being the third.

I guess the part I love the most is that God put it in the hearts of all involved to do this.  Each leader was humbled by the sin of the people including themselves. God did it and they each knew for sure it was God. I really struggle with modern day "words from God" and "prophecies". What is the proof that many of those people are hearing from God? I guess maybe one test is that in the case of both Ezra and Nehemiah, God's hand was upon them and they had safety and were prosperous in what they set out to do. But prosperity isn't always smooth either. When Ezra's builders had to stop because of opposition, did they think that it must not have been from God?

Never-the-less, they had the confidence to know when God moved them to do something. I think our system of getting direction is different because we have the Bible, not to mention the Holy Spirit to teach and guide us. That is not to say that I think there is no more, Word from God or prophecy. I just don't know when it is real. I guess the best thing to do is to fast if you think God is directing you to do something. Ezra and Nehemiah fasted and prayed about it. Then moved out to do it. Of all the times I thought I had a good idea and it turned out to be doo doo, just think if I would have fasted and prayed even through one meal what the outcome may have been. That's my conclusion I guess...just fast.

Okay, so I need some help deciding on a logo for a dive company. Here are some of the ideas:

 

New Wailea turtle 1.

Wailea image1 2.

Wailea image2 3.

Wailea image4 4.

Wailea image5 5.

uGHHHH! logos are the hardest thing for me…well, that and t-shirt designs. HELP! Vote please just put the number in the comments area.

 

Popular Posts