February 3_2011 - What God desires is always finished. Ezra 5, 6 Plus…New Seaweed Earrings

Again, how can we doubt that God is big enough to do what He wills? He turns hearts to carry out the needed steps to finish whatever He asks.

One king? No, any king's heart can be turned. That is why we have to remember that it the Holy Spirit that does the work of change, revival or salvation. The Jews didn't do anything to make the kings' decrees. They did not ask for money from the treasury of Assyria to fund it. God said that the temple was to be rebuilt and he arranged everything. The Jews simply used what  was supplied and did the labor.

I was interested in the language that the king used when saying, "May the God who has caused His Name to dwell there...Ezra 6:12; if you remember, God said that the temple was for His Name back in 2 Chronicles:

Nevertheless, it is not you who shall build the house, but your son who shall be born to you shall build the house for My Name.’ 2 Chronicles 6:9 (ESV)

For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that My Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time. 2 Chronicles 7:16 (ESV)

God not only turned the heart of the king, made him realize that the temple was for God,  but also made him aware that He was the God of heaven.

So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:6 (ESV) 

Oh, that I could feel the strength in this.

 

Well, I finally figured out a way to use some of my seaweed collection in jewelry:

IMG_0811 I sold 4 pair of these during the holidays. 

I hope to find more ways to use my favorite ocean castaway.

Popular Posts