March 15, 2011 - Nehemiah 7–How did Nehemiah get so smart?

When I think about this chapter I try to imagine what it looked like inside the wall. I really can't picture it all but if there were more than 42,000 people and all the animals and no houses rebuilt yet, what a sight. Was there rubble from the original houses? Were there still some structures standing?

Just think, Nehemiah said that the city inside was large and the people few...more than 42,000 is a few? It had to be really big. One commentary said that there would have been garden plots and so on as well.

I am amazed at how God puts the correct person in charge of a certain job. Nehemiah was so wise. He knew how to organize people, how to build, how to protect the city and who should be in charge of everything from the building to the guarding and holy duties.

I am sorry, but I am never going to stop talking about the fact that he knew that God put things upon his heart. It is good to remember that in  biblical stories where a major job is to be done (Moses, Noah, Solomon, Ezra, Esther, Nehemiah, and Jesus…to name a few) it is orchestrated by God.  It is God who determines what jobs are to be done,  it is God who summons the doer and it is God who directs the doing. There is just peace in that for me. Relax, just be ready and listen, that’s it.

 

In December we took a whale watch with our friends, Montey and Sharie. We saw all these dolphins and I have never posted any photos. I was going through pics today and saw them. I think I almost love the dolphins even more than the whales. I love boat rides as well! Thanks Share..

 

P1000405

P1000411

P1000422

P1000437

P1000438

P1000440

Popular Posts