August 20, 2011 - Gleaning

I want to copy Spurgeon for a while with this idea -

"Let me now go to the field, and glean ears of corn." Ruth 2:2

He used the promises of God as an analogy to ears of corn that you glean in a field. I am amazed at people who know God so well and have such a deep love for him that they think this way. Perhaps they were simply made that way but none-the-less they don't waste that gift.

Here are some promises that have gotten me through some tough spots:

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3 (ESV)


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27 (ESV)


And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 (ESV)


Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 (ESV)


But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matthew 6:30-33 (ESV)
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39 (ESV)

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,
and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26 (ESV)

that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. John 3:15 (ESV)


“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (ESV)


Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. John 3:36 (ESV)


Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. John 5:24 (ESV)


Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. John 6:47 (ESV)


I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. John 10:28 (ESV)


And this is the promise that he made to us— eternal life. 1 John 2:25 (ESV)


And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 1 John 5:11 (ESV)


I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:13 (ESV)

Three versions of a drawing/painting:

SCAN0277

Derwent Inktense, Caran d’Ache Supracolor II pencils on Fabriano 140 lb. hot press paper. Ink Pen.

SCAN0276

Same as above sans the ink pen.

 

parrotfish page

Gouache, Derwent Watercolor Pencils, Cretacolor Marino Pencils on Black Somerset Velvet paper.

Popular Posts