August 27, 2011–Press On

Three verses which remind me to continue.

But he answered, “It is written, “ ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4


Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14 (ESV)

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.              1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (ESV)

Onward then!

Another sketch from the ocean rhyme book:

 

water and palms

Popular Posts