Acts 20–Wake up Elders

Think of the group who went with Paul to Macedonia they were from Macedonia and Greece. Paul and Timothy were from Israel. Macedonia and Thessalonica are now Greece and Derbe and Ephesus are what we know as Turkey. What a wonderful mix and testimony of God’s grace to all nationalities.

I can’t imagine feeling like Paul about God and the mission and the job at hand. I am so faithless, fainthearted and immersed in myself. Pathetic.

But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24 (ESV)

Paul’s speech to the elders is heart wrenching. How sad they must have been and even possibly frightened. The fear of what was to come. But if they stayed alert, they would be better off and the wolves could be kept at bay.

Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish everyone with tears. And now I commend you to God and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
Acts 20:28-32 (ESV)

I think that maybe someone along the line was not alert and did let in wolves because of the lack of Christianity in Turkey and Greece now.

Think about it American church...not America, but CHURCH, stay awake.

 

No wonder I have headaches and sneeze my brains out everyday. I thought it was just hay fever but add cane smoke into the mix and I believe I am officially allergic to Maui Sad smile.

This is the beginning of a cloud one day – from Pa‘ia or somewhere around there.  I watched it move to our side throughout the morning.

P1070769P1070772P1070774P1070775

This is when it made it to overhead – right off the lanai.

 

I drive through it on my way to work from time to time.

P1070879P1070880

Popular Posts