July 5 - Exit Day 1–WAKE UP

This is my diet journey. But it should not be called that. It should be called my Exit from Slavery to Food.

I am re-reading Weigh Down, it helped before. But apparently, I used it at that time just like the other million diets I have read and it was just a band aid. No real change of heart. So my quest is this, to work as hard at finding God in this matter as I do, planning meals, thinking about food and eating it. I really want a lifestyle change that will last. I say that of course having eaten my entire caloric need by this time…12:40.

The author of the previously mentioned book teaches not to count or measure but to pay attention to your body signals.

My problem is wanting to do that and being conscience. I am not spiritually or even emotionally awake at this point in my life. I am numb and on auto-pilot.

So this is first…Wake Up!

Matthew 24:42 (ESV)
Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

1 Corinthians 15:34 (ESV)
Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame.

A new kitty for a card. Oil pastel on paper.

SCAN0218

Popular Posts