July 7, 2011–What Should My Focus Be–or conversely, What Should Not Be My Focus?

I read in Weigh Down that we are not to worry about food. It is in the context of worrying about starving but I have extended it in my mind to include any kind of worry about food. Like being concerned that I won't get to eat when I want or how much I want. Or the act of planning too far in advance about what to eat or thinking about food in general.
So we can conclude that physical food should not be the focus, but rather spiritual food should be the food for the heart.
Shamblin, Gwen (2009). Weigh Down Diet (p. 72). Galilee Trade. Kindle Edition.
I know this in my head but how does it sink into my heart? Hopefully I can give an answer to that. But praying for it will be my first step.
Matthew 6:25-33 (ESV)
“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God. Hopefully I will not only learn how to do this but also have the desire to do this.
Mind you, I am not new to this concept. I learned it years ago but apparently it was head education and not a “new heart”. I want the latter this time, however if that is not possible, I will take head motivation any day. I am tired…
 
Check out the pillow I made for Jay’s mom who is in a nursing home:

http://twitpic.com/5moo31
Go here to make your own.
 

Popular Posts