August, Set your Face Toward Your Jerusalem

When the days drew near for him to be taken up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem. And he sent messengers ahead of him, who went and entered a village of the Samaritans, to make preparations for him. Luke 9:51-52 (ESV)

The lesson here is pretty plain, we must be resolute in our desire to do what is right. Obviously Jesus could do that and we can only do it with His help. But we can be determined to get back up when we fall and not give up the fight to stop turning to our god to give us what we think we need.

Just a little side note here too...
But the people did not receive him, because his face was set toward Jerusalem.
And when his disciples James and John saw it, they said, “Lord, do you want us to tell fire to come down from heaven and consume them?” But he turned and rebuked them. And they went on to another village. Luke 9:53-56 (ESV)

How many times have we blamed obstacles or mistreatment on people or circumstances when we are unable to do something we think we should do? It may have been in the plan all along so that we keep moving toward the place God wants us? HMMMM.

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained. Philippians 3:12-16 (ESV)

Amen!

Draft one of the little ocean colors book:

Sample of the pages.

 

Popular Posts