September , 2011–Death To Self

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. John 12:24-26 (ESV)


Whoever loves their crutch (addiction) loses his or her joy and the blessings that come from giving them up.  Everyone has an addiction; the addiction of making “self” comfortable and safe. It looks like:
compulsions to buy, eat or exercise. Or self-pity, anger, substance and alcohol abuse, violence and jealousy.

This life,  the life of self fulfillment. Sad for a Christian to say. I turn to food and spending money for my comfort. That is the life I must die to and hate. Follow Christ, Serve Christ...where He is, I want to be also.

I have a new job it begins at 7:30 in the morning (7:00 really…1/2 drive time). That is good for me I am a morning person. I am not used to it yet. I was able to get hours of projects done in my old job that did not start until 10:30.  It puts a crimp on the Bible study for now. I need to stop doing and wait till afternoon.

Another page from the book:

 

 

page 1 Bue_rot

Popular Posts