Mixed Media Painting

I have found the computer invaluable as an art tool – even though purists would cringe.  I am not a purist; I am a meddler and a mad scientist in nature. Therefore, I don’t mind mixing it up. I often paint something, scan it and then manipulate or just plain fix it.  I find that a lot of substandard paintings can be rescued this way.  Here is my newest.  It is gouache on Somerset Velvet and colored pencil/gel pen.

P1160248

I fixed it up a bit and completely changed the bird. He shouldn’t have been looking out of the picture among other problems.

I use Corel Photo Paint;here are the results:

P1160246

 

 

Backup_of_P1160246

I like this one even though he is still looking out, it is not such a harsh contrast to the direction of the pot as the original.

Hopefully I will do something this week with these new items. 

Comments

Popular Posts