October 2009 – I really miss Autumn :( – 1 Kings 10 and More on Fear

1 Kings 10 - all I can say is it gave me chills to think of the scene between the queen of Sheba and Solomon. What an amazing time in history for Israel. Just think if it would have lasted.

Fear: I cant forget the staple verse on fear...Psalms 23:4 (ESV)
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

These three verses give me encouragement but the last one is the best for me today...
Psalms 33:18 (ESV)
Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love,
Proverbs 14:26 (ESV)
In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.

Proverbs 29:25-26 (ESV)
The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe. Many seek the face of a ruler, but it is from the Lord that a man gets justice.

Oh to remember that we are getting less than what we deserve and that justice is from God, not from out president or our political leaders.

The only way for me to remember this is to memorize it. I hope I get it stuck in my pea-brain.


Card designs without texture:

damselpeach_cnv dasckhaki_cnv singinggreen_cnv squirrlygreen_cnv tanggrren_cnv whale red_cnv whalepeach_cnv whaleperi_cnv wrassereids_cnv cards to print4_cnv cards to print5_cnv

Comments

Popular Posts