Lost and Found-A God Thing

 

What shall I render to the LORD for all his benefits to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD,
Psalms 116:12-13 (ESV)

 

I am so grateful that our dog was found. If you are an animal person you will get this. If not, I am sorry to bore you. But I wanted to share how it really was God’s mercy that she was found.

Kilei was lost at 3:00 on Wed. in a town 30 miles away. We searched each day for hours and put up fliers. We received a call early Friday morning that our little dog had scratched on the door of a house and was fed and watered but the woman had to go to work. She stopped at Starbucks for coffee on the way and saw the flier and knew that it was the dog she had fed. She called immediately and I drove straight away to Lahaina. Kilei was no where to be found. I searched for another hour and then determined to walk the beach from town to the end heading back toward Kihei. I got just past 505 and saw a little white fanny by a woman with a dog and knew that Kilei was with them.  The gal had been trying to coax Kilei with a dog treat so she could take her home because she had been to Starbucks the day before and knew it was her.

 

I am sorry, but this not just the luck of the draw or coincidence. There are hundreds of houses in Lahaina, she was lost farther up in town.  For her to scratch on the door of the women who would be going to Starbucks  is not and unorganized event. Not to mention that for two days no one we spoke to ever saw Kilei running around. But the fact that she was moving around so much and left the area where the lady lived and was being delayed by the other woman who saw the poster at the exact time I was walking by is not un-orchestrated.  It really was God having mercy on us and reminding us that He is bigger than anything.

Again, if this had not happened, it would not make God small. It just would have been another God story later about what we learned or how much closer we became or something else altogether; but never diminished.

 

By the way, Thanks Starbucks of Lahaina for allowing fliers!

 

Comments

Popular Posts