May 16, 2011 - Acts 2 - Some Observations

As I am reading through this chapter I have decided to really read the words. To try and remove all the things that I have been taught about this chapter, just read the words. Here are some things I have observed:

  • The house was filled with a sound of rushing wind. Does that mean it was windy in there, or just the sound?
  • They waited for the Holy Spirit, they did not conjure up a manifestation.
  • The "other tongues" that the men spoke with were distinct languages and for the devout men of every nation to hear. These people were Jews and converted proselytes.
  • Joel prophesied about this day. His prophecy seemed to start there and stretch to the second coming of Christ.
  • Peter used scripture to remind the Jews of certain prophecies about Christ as a witness.
  • Peter told the appropriate Gospel story to the people then when they asked what they should do, he told them to repent and to be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ.
  • Peter also said that after they did that they would receive the Holy Spirit. He didn't say they would have to ask for the Holy Spirit. It appears to be part of the progression.
  • The promise is for all whom the Lord calls. Check out the cross references from my bible: Joel 2:32, and Romans 8:30.
  • The people devoted themselves to the apostle's teaching, to fellowship with food and prayer.
  • The saved people shared everything with one another it was as though everything there was belonged to them all.
  • They were glad and generous in their sharing.
  • They praised God.
  • There was a revival.
  • The whole thing was started by God, not by men. They simply obeyed to wait for God.

...And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. Acts 2:47 (ESV)

Well, today starts my vacation and I am planning one project a day, some may blend into the next day but I will do something creative each day for 15 days. I don’t have anything to show today as it is early so I will share some squid pictures from a recent snorkel day. Tomorrow…ART!

It was super cloudy in the water that day so the pictures aren’t that noteworthy but it is always a treat to see something unusual just down the road from home!

Snorkel at Keawakapu-31

Snorkel at Keawakapu-32Snorkel at Keawakapu-39Snorkel at Keawakapu-58

Snorkel at Keawakapu-80This has been over adjusted but I love the eyes. I think I am going to do a series of paintings of fish eyes.

Snorkel at Keawakapu-36

Snorkel at Keawakapu-67_1_edited-1

Popular Posts