May 24, 2011 - Acts 6

I think of this verse: And the word of God continued to increase, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests became obedient to the faith. Acts 6:7 (ESV)
A great many of the priests became obedient to the faith. We can't even imagine what that would be like. Unless we know for a fact that a preacher, reverend or priest is not a believer, our Christian leaders already believe. God of course is the only one who knows for sure but we are to assume they are unless the words they speak and their fruit indicates otherwise.

So just think what upheaval there must have been in the Jewish faith and in the temple.

The men who framed Stephen were not believers, they did not understand or embrace the things he taught. They could not handle the Holy Spirit's presence or power either. That is when Christians are martyred. The hatred is against the wisdom and the Spirit. It is like a spiritual jealousy that consumes people. They are angry that what they believe is being questioned and they are this definition of jealous, "Suspicious or unduly suspicious or fearful of being displaced by a rival-i.e. a jealous lover" ~ Word Web Dictionary. They fear that the God of the bible will displace their god of man.

May the God of the Bible keep us in His care and give us the courage to handle the ones who hate Him in us.

As usual, I placed too much emphasis on my present vacation. I thought and actually prayed that I would get like 10 projects done. I have almost nothing to show for it. I have worked non-stop trying however. It seems so wasted. Why is my focus on producing and not just creating and experimenting? I think it is because I work and I know my time to get items done to sell is short. I really want to create and sell my things on a full-time basis. I have done it before and I was terrible at it but I think I am wiser now. FRUSTRATED beyond belief…I really want to be grateful for my job too. FRUSTRATED!!!!

Anyway, here are two new earrings and a doodle:

P1050897

P1050896

peacock22

Popular Posts