May 2, 2011…Were every one of the them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

That is my favorite line in this 21st chapter of John. Think of that, the world could not contain all the books that could be written about Jesus' works. I am guessing that is not the "works" he did while walking the earth alone? Could he have done so many things in 33 years or less to make John say that? I am curious now, but moving on...

One thing that confuses me is that it seems the disciples didn't realize Jesus was He in each of the three instances that He came to them after His resurrection. That is until He did something which could just be me assuming that of course. In this chapter though it says that they did not realize it. It was not until they caught all the fish at His advice to put the net on the right side, then John knew it was Christ. I feel sort of sorry for Peter. He was always jumping out or into a situation to show his affection for Jesus. It was probably his personality but I also wonder if it was a striving to be loved by Jesus. He seems a bit jealous in this chapter of John. John seemed to have a deep, quiet understanding and connection with the Lord. Which I am guessing had a lot to do with his personality.

But a lesson here for me is this phrase..."Jesus said to him, 'If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow me!'” John 21:22 (ESV)
And it is this, our portion is our portion. We are to live and work and love and follow within the context of what we have been given. In terms of time or lack thereof on the earth, wealth or poverty, health or sickness, and personality type. We are not to compare our portion with others or to worry about what they have that we do not. We are to "Follow Christ!"

Nothing new to show in the art world but here are a few pics from Brent and Mona’s visit when we drove to Hana:

Trip to Hana 4_11-79

Trip to Hana 4_11-86

Trip to Hana 4_11-265

Trip to Hana 4_11-130

Trip to Hana 4_11-151

Trip to Hana 4_11-202 

Love my Panasonic waterproof camera! I took the above picture and the next few while in the pool – or under the waterfall.

Trip to Hana 4_11-213

 

Trip to Hana 4_11-229

Trip to Hana 4_11-231

Popular Posts