September 9_09 2 Samuel 24 and Crown/Blizzard Book Gifts

2 Samuel 24 - Pride, confidence in your portion is displeasing to God. It is not about us, period.

Ahh, the end of 2 Samuel and the end of David’s life as well. Tomorrow I start 1 Kings.

 

Today I listened to John Piper’s sermon:

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByDate/2009/4194_Jesus_Equal_with_God/


Personal Art News:

I purchased a little book making kit on Etsy.com from Green Chair Press: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=71723.  It is for making Blizzard and Crown books.

I created a couple of little “Care Package Stuffers” with those instructions and my own papers. For the Crown bound book I used a piece of Kraft paper on which I painted an abstract design with liquid acrylic. I used cream colored drawing paper from Dick Blick for the pages then tucked a check into the front fold.

 P1210241 P1210247  P1210239

I turned the little blizzard books into “Backpack Charms” for my granddaughters. I thought they might like to draw tiny pictures or put favorite tiny stickers on the pages. These would make great pendants too. I designed a slip cover to make the slide-I got that idea from the book, Pockets, Pullouts, and Hiding Places. IT is connected with leather cord and beaded on waxed linen. 

For this one, I used a piece of drawing paper which I painted for the binding. I then used a piece of vellum that I had previously printed a drawing on and then painted with Sparkling H2O’s (LOVE those little paints). It was going in the trash so I cut it up to make the book cover and slip case. I embellished it with a gold pen.  I am so glad I didn’t throw it out. The pages are Canson Drawing paper.

P1210235P1210234P1210246   P1210243 

Comments

Popular Posts