November 16, 2010 - Ezra 2 - RETURN

Check out this chapter, people are travelling back to Jerusalem to rebuild once again. The whole number was 42, 360 men. Which did not count the women and any servants. There were even people who could not be proved Israelites but came anyway. What a site that must have been to see them all arrive.

The group followed the law as far the priests and Levites were concerned. That was encouraging to me because that means someone knew the law or knew where to find it. This is important because some of the people who could not prove what family they came from, had been practicing priests and the Urim and Thummin had to be consulted. I also thought it was interesting that Solomon's servant's families were mentioned. How amazing that they continued to follow the religion of the king.

Diet significance...not sure. They did pick up everything and just moved on. How can I do that? I have already sunk into the mire this morning.

I am not sure if I have shared these PowerPoint backgrounds before but even so maybe someone new can use them.

3-20-2010 10-16-15 AMCopy of Dove Backforgiveness33_2

 

Popular Posts